Saturday, August 18, 2007

QotD: What My Name Means

What does your name mean and why did your parents choose it for you? 
Submitted by mommy2two.


I think I have posted about this before, I was named for a family friend that my parents where staying with while Mom was pregnant. Uncle Phil. Not actually related but life long friend to my Mom's brother Uncle Ralph. both physically disabled. Uncle Phil had had Polio,  He had trouble walking and after awhile wound have to use a wheelchair.

 He lived in Orlando and the family stayed with him every time we went to Disney. The visit while my Mom was pregnant was a nightmare, Mom hemorrhaged and had all sorts of scares and was in and out of the ER in Orlando. all the while Dad going with her leaving Uncle Phil with my 3.5 year old brother and 2.5 year old sister.

At any rate having had no name picked out before that adventure, my Mom wanted to name me after Uncle Phil, and I was very nearly Phyllis Michelle (the feminine of Phillip Micheal), but my Dad was quite opposed to the name Phyllis, so .. Michelle it was. and still is. 

Uncle Phil died while I was pregnant with my second child. And I tacked Phillip onto the name we had chosen, giving him a second middle name, in memory of Uncle Phil.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment