Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tagged....

I was tagged by R.G.  (secretly, I'm hoping he's looking for book fodder for the next one... ) Actually there was some mention of begging for forgiveness in his post, does that happen on your post or here on mine?


I've answered, I've tagged 5 people who I'm thinking will play along. And who I'm looking forward to reading about.


1) What was I doing 10 years ago?

Ten years ago at this time on any given day, I was driving a combine in a wheat field, chances are we'd have been in Nebraska. Would have been the second summer after Hubby and I got married. Our first two summers married, we went on custom wheat harvest with my father in law. I drove a combine, and occasionally when we moved I'd drive a pick--up truck with a header trailer on the back.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?

1. Feed all the animals- partially done
2. Dishes-done
3. Laundry- partially done
4. Finish uploading photos to get printed.- partially done
5. Go to saddle club meeting- not done yet.

3) Snacks I enjoy:


Anything that cant get away? It really depends my mood, and what I'm hungry for.


4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

I can't honestly tell you what I would do if I'd been brought up with money. Now, if I had money thrust upon me? There are plenty of things I'd like to do. Some are just for me and my family, some are not. I'd set up college funds for my kids, first. And I'd probably look at paying off our house and making the repairs to it that it needs, and having someone who knows what they are doing come in and  restore the house. (It was built in the 1850's and it could use some tlc)  Included in the selfish part of our spending would probably be a new semi truck for my hubby, building a shop for him, and a horse barn for me. 


But, moving away from ourselves? I have two friends who struggle to make ends meet, and added to that struggle is school tuition for our Catholic school. I'd pay for their kids to go to school. I know what it does to your budget to have to sacrifice for school tuition, it does it to my budget. I'd pay for my sister's kids to go to their school too. (I believe in Catholic education) I would donate $ to the riding therapy center in our area. And I would offer to help buy animals for them. (I believe in riding therapy) I would donate to the women's shelters in our area, we have 4 that I know of and I have a friend who got on her feet by staying at one with her two sons for about 2 months. I would give to our church. I give what I can now, but I feel it isn't enough. Every week our church's expenses are greater than the collection taken in. by $1000 usually.  I'm sure I would find other things to invest my self and my wealth in. But I would start close to home and close to my heart.


5) Places I have lived: Illinois: Washington, Kewanee, Galesburg, Cameron.  Indiana: St. Mary of the Woods, Lagro. Wisconsin: Grafton. Pennsylvania: Macungie.  Some places shorter lived that others.

6) Jobs I have had: detassler, camp councilor, life guard, horseback riding instructor, stable hand, retail grunt, wife and mother.


7) Bloggers I am tagging who I will enjoy getting to know better:

         grungedandy, maura_ea, shy, girlwonder , joey

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment