Wednesday, July 16, 2008

QotD: Won't You Be My Neighbor?

How do you choose your Vox neighbors and friends?
Submitted by gcgal.

I choose my neighbors in different ways, but always I choose people whom I enjoy reading their musings. I've chosen a couple people based solely on the way they write, and I have found more underneath their writing style that I enjoy about them.

I have chosen some people just for something we have in common.


I have chosen some people with different lives, opinions and worlds views than myself, but no one who presents their opinion in way that feels disrespectful to me. I don't come here for a fight, or to feel like I'm being baited into one. If I want to read someone's differing opinion from my own I want to read it so I can understand where they are coming from.

I have added some people just because they added me.

I do need to weed out the neighbors who dont post, or have closed their vox altogether. But I feel like such a traitor when I do that.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

3 comments:

  1. I need to weed too, but like you I feel bad. Plus, recently someone noticed that I removed them and then they messaged me about it! How awkward :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are 10 people in my neighborhood who dont post anymore, and one who fell off the planet.

    ReplyDelete