Monday, September 17, 2007

A new car!!

And I've had it for two weeks before getting time to post about it! Maybe I've had it for 3 weeks.... even.

We have been driving an aging, rusting, scary  91 Blazer, for 3.5 years, because at a time when our finances where is serious upheaval, I wrecked our 97 Jeep Cherokee, with the kids and a best friend as passengers. We all survived with minor to no injuries. The car did not. We where a couple month behind on the payment so after the car was gone we had to make up the late payment, the one that was 2 or 3 days over due, the deductible, and pay for the car we got from my brother. There was no way to get a better car then, and the Blazer was  reliable until the last 6 or 7 months, Driving it daily caught up with the old car. We replaced the driver door last year, And last year I dismantled the passenger door to fix the window. But those are far from its only issues. No A/C, at all..... and the fan for the heat broke last winter. It also was devoid of a muffler or rear view mirror. I finally quit gluing the mirror back on...

We really had to have a different car since the start of school. I drive the kids 10 miles to school. (then 10 miles home and again in the afternoon.)  And we managed to swing a 95 Grand Cherokee. It has a few minor issues. The driver door could use a new wiring harness, and it has an older ABS system that runs a self diagnostic every time you start the car; the brake petal bounces against your foot and the brakes make a growly noise.. Its a bit disconcerting, but the heat and the A/C work and overall it runs great!   It has a sun roof, I can pop the vent , but It has issues opening all the way, so I dont bother.  It's Red. I've never been a red, I love greens, greens of all types. The dealer got in a green one the day we picked this one up, I tried hard not to be petty about it.  (But I wonder if the asking price on the green was the same as what we bought)  I've decided to embrace the small red bit of myself. The part of me that revels in orange rust and fall colors, because red goes with them. And I've discovered I'm more red than I thought...

I dropped my cellphone in a bowl of soup and I thought I'd replace it with red.. no go, not a single red phone at the store. So I went for pink. Go figure.I've never been a pinky either.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment