Thursday, April 26, 2007

QotD: See You Later, Decorator

What is your home decorating style, and how has it changed over time? Do you have plans to redecorate? 
Submitted by enSue.

My "style" lol.. My style is if I like it and I could afford it or make it.. I have it..I like for the things around me to be special for some reason that is what makes my home a haven, The model horses on a shelf in the front room have almost all been gifts or hand-me-downs from a favorite Uncle. I think I have purchased 2 or 3 for myself.  And my bookshelf is packed with memorabilia things like a box that my bestfriend and I bought the same. and little gifts and toys. a delicate wood carving my Grandma brougth back from China and decided to give me when they moved to a smaller house.

I'd like to decorate my bedroom in India-inspired fabrics and the like and have it be a very clean crisp uncluttered space.. but the living room? its my room its where I like to have all the things that remind me of all the wonderful people I have in my life.

so.. I guess no, o decorating style, no museum sterile house.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

6 comments:

  1. Ooo - Ooo. Request for a photo of your shelf of model horses! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, memorabilia and meaningful stuff makes up the best decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to take pics of the shelf.. maybe this coming week I'll get time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. plus its nice to have it out where you can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite things are those which mean something. You can't buy that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree :), and those things are irreplaceable

    ReplyDelete