Monday, January 7, 2008

Holy Mood Swing Mother Nature

It is 50 degrees outside today. 50!!! less than a week ago it was 0 degrees with a windchill of -10 to -20 for about 4 days in a row. All but the deepest drifts have melted, and the ground is thawing. it is a slop hole in our yard. I'm not a fan of spring mud, and this is pretty much what we have now. It feels like Spring... which feels so different  from Fall. I'm amazed at how a 50 degree day in Spring and in Fall can feel so completely different. They somehow feel wildly different. The air feels wonderful!

I appreciate the reprieve from the biting cold we have been having. Honestly, however, once winter starts I'm a fan of that 28 - 32 degree hover. not really warm enough to slop it up, but warm enough to melt an inch of snow off the roads.  Our road has been atrocious since winter started. The Township in charge of plowing it never does, nor do they put down salt or cinders, and its rough and icy. I slid off it in early December when I hit a slick patch. wrecked the car, by hitting a tree. (the car is finally getting fixed, I should have it back this week)

I also like the temperature to be not really cold enough to turn the water troughs into icebergs capable of sinking the Titanic. And we have had our fair share of icebergs this year so far.

I'm enjioying the warm air (its supposed to be 60 today, but hopefully the temperature will drop and the ground will harden up a bit this week.


Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying it! Personally, I'd rather have the seasons stay where they're suppose to. :p

    ReplyDelete