Wednesday, March 14, 2007

QotD: Dude Where's My Keys?

What's the story behind a time when you got locked out?


I dont know that its a hugely exciting story.. at any rate, I grew up around Peoria IL, and during college I did an internship at a horse farm just north of Milwaukee WI, (that would be a four hour drive) . The First weekend at the farm I loaded up my laundry into my little grey Plymouth Horizon (actually my Dad's car) and I drove from the house to the main barn so I could look up a laundromat in the phone book. I ran inside got the information I needed and ran back out to the car only to discover that locking the car door was so ingrained in my being courtesy of my father who locks every door to everything, that I had locked my keys in the car...... and I had left it running.

That was the night I learned to break into the car with a wire hanger. It was a skill that served me well many many times after that. Usually the hardest part of breaking into that car was finding the wire.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment