Sunday, December 10, 2006

QotD: Books From My Childhood

What books did you love as a child? 

Submitted by hearts


I was, of course, obsessed with horses and so every time we got a book order with a horsey themed book on it.. that was the book I chose. my favorite one ever, was Can I Get There By Candlelight, by Jean Slaughter Doty  The story is about Gail, whose family rents what used to be the caretakers house on an old abandoned estate. While Gain is exploring the property with her horse Candlelight, Candy for short,  she finds an rusty gate that is the only way through or around a massive brick wall surrounding the old estate house and garden properties. When she oils the gate and rides through it she goes back in time. This was my favorite book I read it over and over and sometimes I still pull it out and read it. It was also my introduction to fantasy.. the gateway book into fantasy if you will.  It remains one of my favorite stories.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment: